The 4 Day Mount Meru Climb & Hike is the best for acclimatization prior to Mount Kilimanjaro climbing; The Mountain is the fourth highest peak in Africa and is the second highest mountain in Tanzania at 4,568m.
The mountain is situated within Arusha National Park, Tanzania’s gem. This prime location gives trekkers the chance to spot some of the wildlife that inhabits the area.
Day 1: Arusha/Mariakamba Hut
Drive from Arusha to the Mt. Meru park gate where you will be met by our game ranger and porters. Hike for the few hours to Mariakamba Hut at 8,500 ft. From here you may wish to take an evening walk on the slopes to view wildlife at one of the watering holes in the crater. Dinner and overnight rest at Mariakamba Hut
Day 2: Mariakamba Hut – Saddle Hut
After breakfast hike to upto 11,500 ft to arrive at Saddle Hut. If time permits you can climb a little further on Mount Meru for a scenic view of the ‘Roof of Africa’, Mount Kilimanjaro. This will also be part of more acclimatization. Overnight at Saddle Hut
Day 3: Saddle Hut – Summit – Mariakamba Hut
An early rise to hike all the way to the summit before the afternoon clouds cover the summit. From the summit, descend back to the 11,500 ft Saddle Hut in time for lunch. After lunch, hike down to Mariakamba Hut for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Mariakamba Hut – Arusha
- TWO NIGHTS ACCOMMODATION IN MOSHI/ARUSHA BED AND BREAKFAST.
- Return transportation from the mountain to the hotel
- Qualified guides with mountain crew
- National park fees
- Tents and sleeping mattresses
- Cutlery / Crockery / Eating utensils
- Mess tent (for dining) / Mini camping chairs / Tables / Candles
- Rescue fees
- Pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Boiled water on the mountain
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Armed Ranger Fee.
- Airport transfers
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
- Emergency oxygen